‘THE WALKING DEAD’ Season 3 Premiere Breaks More Records – Kills The Competition!
THE WALKING DEAD returned on Sunday for its third season ad with a ratings vengeance! Not only did The Walking Dead shatter more records and beat out the competition and so did the return of TALKING DEAD with Chris Hardwick.
From the Press Release:
NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The biggest show of the fall season among Adults 18-49 is on AMC. Last night, AMC premiered season three of “The Walking Dead” and out delivered cable and broadcast hits including “Hatfields & McCoys,” “Jersey Shore,” “Modern Family,” “The Big Bang Theory” and “The Voice.” The 9pm ET premiere garnered 10.9 million viewers and a 7.4 HH rating making it the highest rated episode in series history, and growing more than 50% over last season’s premiere. The season 3 premiere now reigns as the biggest telecast for any drama series in basic cable history among all viewers. “The Walking Dead” encored at 10pm with 3.5 million viewers and midnight with 850,000 viewers delivering 15.2 million viewers for the night. In addition, the season two premiere of “Talking Dead” at 11pm attracted 2.1 million viewers, growing 85% over the season one premiere.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, L+SD. Program premieres and encores, excluding sports. Broadcast season to date (9/24/12 — 10/11/12).
“Thank you to the fans for making ‘The Walking Dead’ such a tremendous success. We are honored and humbled that television’s largest adult audience resides on AMC. So many people on both sides of the camera worked tirelessly on this project, and I thank and congratulate each of them for their amazing contribution,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC.
Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three premiere “The Walking Dead”:
– 9pm premiere: 7.4 HH rating, +54% vs. season 2 premiere
– 9pm premiere: 10.9 million viewers, +50% vs. season 2 premiere
– 9pm premiere: 7.3 million Adults 18-49, +52% vs. season 2 premiere
– 9pm premiere: 6.1 million Adults 25-54, +46% vs. season 2 premiere
– 9pm,10pm and midnight encores: Grossed to 15.2 million viewers
Key Nielsen Highlights for season two premiere of “Talking Dead”:
– 11pm premiere: 1.7 HH rating with 2.1 million viewers, +69%/+85% vs. season 1 premiere
– 11pm premiere: 1.5 million Adults 18-49, +92% vs. season 1 premiere
– 11pm premiere: 1.3 million Adults 25-54, +71% vs. season 1 premiere